A meeting of Dunholme Parish Council took place on Monday 4th October in the Jubilee Room of the Village
Present: Cllrs A Pache (Chairman), Miss C Keetley, Mrs S Keetley, N Rodgers and C Seal
Clerk: Mrs L Richardson
21/10/01 Chairman’s remarks
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
21/10/02 To receive apologies and reasons for absence
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to accept apologies and reasons for absence from Cllrs Newton and Mrs Pelcot.
21/10/03 Disclosure of pecuniary interests
21/10/04 Notes of the meeting held on 6th September 2021 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to sign the notes of the last meeting as a true record of events.
21/10/05 To receive and approve applications for co-option onto the Parish Council
21/10/06 Clerks report – updates on ongoing issues
Online banking – The Clerk is awaiting paperwork from Lloyds bank for Councillor signatures. Cllr Pache requested online banking with our current provider is also investigated.
War memorial – The cleaning of the war memorial will take place before Remembrance Sunday.
Queens Green Canopy – The outcome of the application for trees is not due for another 2 months. The option to purchase115 trees for £105 will be added to November’s agenda. This will mean the planting times etc. are less restrictive.
Good Neighbour Scheme – An email from Reverend Paul Ivnes has been received regarding setting up a Good Neighbour scheme. Reverend Ivnes will be invited along to the next meeting.
21/10/07 Accounts and Finance
- a) To receive an up-to-date financial statement
The Clerk is awaiting bank statements for the current month. Updated finance figures will then be reissued to Councillors for review.
- b) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding possible projects to be included in the 2022-23 budget
Councillors discussed the following projects to be included in the 2022-23 budget – costs will be sent to the Clerk for discussion during the 2022-23 budget projections.
- New Latop £400 – possibly purchase this year as the Clerks laptop is now very slow.
- Accounts software – online software is preferred for ease of back ups.
- Play equipment and flooring – painting, improvements and floor replacement
- Platinum jubilee – Event costs
- c) To note conclusion of the 2020-21 Annual Audit and review the audit process
The conclusion of the 2020-21 Annual Audit was noted with no concerns raised, the relevant closure paperwork has been advertised as required. Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all that Councillors are happy with the way in which the internal and external audit took place.
- d) To approve the payment of accounts
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Miss Keetley and agreed by all to make the attached payments.
21/10/08 Parish Council Buildings and Assets
- a) To receive an update regarding the CCTV upgrades
The requested work had to be rescheduled due to petrol shortages. It is hoped that the work takes place in the next couple of weeks.
- b) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding maintenance issues identified in and around the Indoor Bowls Club facility
Cllr Rodgers gave the following updates:-
- The one-way traffic restrictors have still to be dispatched and therefore the work cannot yet be completed.
- Weeding around the DDIBC needs doing.
- c) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding signage in the village hall area
Cllr Pache reported that this project is ongoing – an update should be available next month.
- a) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Neighbourhood Plan Review
Cllr Pache gave the following update:-
- Grant confirmation has been received – awaiting payment.
- Co op and DDIBC have agreed to position a return box for surveys
- Distribution costs of approximately £45 were agreed
- Survey to be approved and printed.
- Meetings etc will be arranged and publicised.
- b) To discuss and submit any comments relating to the proposed new woodland at the rear of Market Rasen Road
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to support this project.
21/10/10 Council Functions
- a) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Remembrance Sunday service, including the purchase of a Remembrance wreath
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to purchase a Remembrance Wreath under Section 137 on the Local Government Act
- b) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the annual Christmas event
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by the that the following would take place:-
- The tree switch on will take place at 6pm – Cllr Pache will arrange a tree – minimum 15ft, maximum 20ft
- For the Christmas market: - Road closed – 4pm until 10pm
- Road closed sign and cones – Budget of £100
- c) To decide upon a representative to attend Village Hall Committee meetings
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Miss Keetley and agreed by all that Cllr Seal will be the village hall representative, and Cllr Rodgers as back up representative.
21/10/11 Village Maintenance
- a) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding village maintenance needed around the village
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to undertake the following:-
- The Clerk will request Glendale cut the Scothern Road hedges inline with the maintenance Contract.
- The Clerk will send Pat Wrights details to Cllr Rodgers
- The Clerk will put a handwritten notice in the noticeboard for Councillor vacancies.
- The maintenance of the Spring will be discussed for Spring next year.
- The Oak Wood fencing needs painting.
- The white railings around the church need painting
- b) To receive and decide upon quotes for various hedge/tree trimming around the village
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to accept quotes from Arborez for the tree/hedge cutting in Oak Wood and Kennington Close play area.
- c) To receive and decide upon quotes for a duck island for the Manor Farm estate pond
This project will be deferred until Spring 2022
- d) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding visibility at the A46/Scothern Lane junction
Councillors will consider possible options to discuss at a future meeting.
- e) To receive and decide upon quotes for the white line marking of the village hall / DDIBC car park
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to accept the quote from Lincs Lining for the white line marking of the DDIBC and village hall car park.
21/10/12 To agree the date of the next meeting
Monday 1st November 2021
No updates to note for the following so the meeting was closed.
21/10/13 To agree to close the meeting to press and public to discuss sensitive information
21/10/14 To discuss and take any necessary action relating to 3rd party leases held with the Parish Council