A meeting of Dunholme Parish Council took place on Monday 3rd July 2023 in the Jubilee Room of the Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs A Pache (Chair), G Bilton, Mrs C Forrester, Ms S Keetley, D Lowles and K Plowman
Clerk: Mrs L Richardson
23/07/01 Chairman’s remarks
Welcome to the meeting.
A village maintenance walk around has taken place with LCC Highways and County Cllr Rawlins – all roads in the village were covered, as well as the A46 junction leading to the village
23/07/02 To receive apologies and reasons for absence
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to accept apologies and reasons for absence from Cllr Seal.
23/07/03 Disclosure of pecuniary interests
23/07/04 Notes of the Council Meeting held on 5th June 2023 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Mrs Forrester, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting as a true record of events
23/07/05 Notes of the Council Meeting held on 26th June 2023 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to approve and sign the minutes of the last meeting as a true record of events.
23/07/06 Accounts and Finance
- To approve payment for representatives to attend the LALC Summer conference
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to approve attendance at the LALC Summer conference for Cllrs Pache, Ms Keetley and Mrs Forrester. Payment for this was approved.
- To approve the payment of accounts
Proposed Cllr Mrs Forrester, seconded Cllr Ms Keetley and agreed by all to make the following payments on account:-
- To make comments of planning applications received:-
146829 – 75 Honeyholes Lane - Planning Application for new vehicular access and erection of garage for plot 130 being amendment to previously approved garage being to remove condition 2 of planning permission 145997 granted-footpaths – Proposed Cllr Bilton, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to submit the following comments regarding this application:-
- The removal of the footpath will be dangerous for pedestrians in the area – LCC stated in the previous application that this plot required a 2m wide foothpath which this does not include.
- The driveway is opposite the main entrance/exit road to the rear of William Farr and will cause dangerous conditions for road users as this will present a cross roads junction in the area. Thus, also decreasing the safety of pedestrains and school students.
146799 – 20 Four Seasons Close - Planning application for the conversion of roof space over garage with dormer windows to front and rear - Proposed Cllr Lowles, seconded Cllr Bilton and agreed by all to submit no comments regarding this application.
23/07/08 Parish Council Building and Assets
- To receive and approve quotes for additional work needed to the fire alarm system following the upgrade
Proposed Cllr Bilton, seconded Cllr Plowman and agreed by all to accept a quote from Lindum Fire Services Ltd for £1169.88 for additional work needed following the fire alarm upgrade.
- To receive an update on the proposed new play area on Honeyholes Lane / Cyden Homes development
A number of proposals have not been received. Cllrs Ms Keetley and Forrester are undergoing consultations with a number of different groups within the village before a final decision is made.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding re white lining the village hall car park, including disabled
No further update – awaiting further quotes
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the purchase of a new boiler for the village hall
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Bilton and agreed by all to request further quotes for the purchase of a
new boiler. It was agreed by all to purchase the hot water boiler and get it installed on behalf of the village hall.
Cllr Bilton will request further information and quotes.
23/07/09 Village Maintenance
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding village maintenance needed around the village
Signs – duck house (wooden), duck house and pond information (metal), Village Hall car park overspill carpark (in keeping with VH area)
Kennington Close play area – dog bin required – request from WLDC
Slabs rear of the village hall – to chase Glendale
House backing onto Oak Wood – do not cut down vegetation in Oak Wood
Hedge along Holme Lane cut through – letter to cut hedge back to boundary
- To note adoption of the green area on the Cyden Homes development and approve adding to the grass cutting contract
Proposed Cllr Lowles, seconded Cllr Bilton and agreed by all to add the public green area to the grass cutting contract.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the sweeping of the Oak Wood path
Proposed Cllr Lowles, seconded Cllr Ms Keetley and agreed by all to accept a quote for £40 from Glendale Ltd to blow the debris from the footpath through Oak Wood.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the use of District Council litter picking packs
Litter picking day – next agenda