A meeting of Dunholme Parish Council took place on Monday 8th August 2023 in the Jubilee Room of the Village Hall.
Present: Cllr A Pache (Chair), Mrs C Forrester, Ms S Keetley and C Seal
Present: Welton and Dunholme Cricket Club representative
Clerk: Mrs L Richardson
23/08/01 Chairman’s remarks
The resurfacing of Lincoln Road is currently ongoing, and Cllr Pache is pleased with the time scale from the village meeting with Highways to the time the work started.
Monks Wood area is currently in bloom and looking lovely and should be promoted more to people visiting the village and residents who have never been before.
23/08/02 To receive apologies and reasons for absence
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to accept apologies and reasons for absence from Cllrs Lowles, Plowman and Bilton.
23/08/03 Disclosure of pecuniary interests
23/08/04 Notes of the Council Meeting held on 3rd July 2023 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to approve the minutes of the last meeting and sign as a true record.
23/08/05 Accounts and Finance
- To receive and decide upon a request for £125 towards the Village Summer Fete
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Ms Keeltey and agreed by all to pay £125 for the cost of a ukulele band for the Summer fete. The Parish Council will request to be invoiced directly.
- To agree to re register for the LALC Internal Audit Scheme
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to re register for the LALC
- To approve the payment of accounts
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr and agreed by all to make the following payments:-
- To make comments of planning applications received:-
PL/0050/23 – William Farr C of E Secondary School – To construct a ditch crossing and secure gate to provide access between the school sport fields.
PL/0051/23 – William Farr C of E Secondary School – For a new single storey block for post-16 pupils, containing study room, recreation room, 2no. offices and associated support spaces
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Ms Keetley and agreed by all to submit no comments regarding these applications.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the possibility of fencing being erected around William Farr sport field
The fencing work has been completed.
23/08/07 To discuss and take any necessary action regarding admin cover for Clerks Annual Leave
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all that the following cover will be put in place for when the Clerk is on annual leave:-
Inbox – Cllr Keetley
Phone – Cllrs Keetley and Pache
Minutes – Cllr Keetley
23/08/08 Parish Council Building and Assets
- To receive an update on the proposed new play area on Honeyholes Lane / Cyden Homes development
It was agreed by all to end the consultation on the playpark equipment on Friday 15th September 2023.
- To receive and take any necessary action for a request for new village hall entrance doors
Proposed Cllr Ms Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to obtain quotes for the purchase of new village hall entrance doors.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the lining of allotted disabled spaces in the village hall car park
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to accept the quote from Lincs Lining Ltd for £590.
- To receive an email from the Village Hall committee and take any necessary action
No action required by the Parish Council as a new secretary, treasurer and trustees have been agreed at the last Village Hall committee meeting.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the purchase of a new boiler for the village hall
No action currently required
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding a feasibility study and request for comments from Welton and Dunholme Cricket Club
- Support the idea for the different age groups, seniors and different genders.
- Team sports
- Would the club be inclusive for all? Ie families who cant afford membership / session fees
23/08/09 To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Christmas event, including the live advent calendar and the Christmas Market
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Mrs Keetley and agreed by all to promote the following Parish Council Christmas events:-
25th November 2023
Christmas market event 2-4.30 – Lead Cllr Ms Keetley and Mrs Forrester
Lighting of the tree 6pm - All
Live Advent Calendar – Lead Clerk
Best Decorated House – Lead Clerk
Purchase a Christmas Tree from Fillingham Christmas Trees – budget of £300 for delivery and disposal
Cllr Seal will compile the advertising posters for distribution around the village.
23/08/10 To discuss and submit any comments relating to the Central Lincolnshire Planning Obligations SPD Consultation
Proposed Cllr Pache, seconded Cllr Ms Keetley and agreed by all to support the Consultation paper.
23/08/11 Village Maintenance
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding village maintenance needed around the village
- J Owen Day – email re the hedge. Ask if he owns or Cyden Homes.
- A46 - Horses crossing sign missing from Lincoln.
- Kennington Close play area – new vinyl needed for responsible dog owners.
- Ashing Lane – request a new dog pooh bin as the one in place in broken. Chase Merlswen bin also and ask for a timescale.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the sweeping of the Oak Wood path
The Clerk will chase the work with Glendale
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the purchase of new benches for the various locations in the village
Proposed Cllr Mrs Forrester, seconded Cllr Ms Keetley and agreed by all to purchase 6 new 3 seater benches at the below locations:-
2 x Barrett Grove
1 x Kennington Close play area
1 x End of Oak Wood
1 x green area next to the new play area site
1 x Ashing Lane to replace the broken bench
This is at a cost of £305 each.
The Clerk will ask AKO Maintenance if he can install them.
Entrance next to Cyden Homes car parking fence – can we put a seat on the track next to the wooden fence that has been recently erected by Cyden Homes.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding setting up a working group to review the village maintenance and grass cutting contracts
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Forrester and agreed by all to set up a working group of Cllrs Pache, Ms Keeltey and Mrs Forrester to review the village maintenance and grass cutting contract.