A meeting of Dunholme Parish Council took place on Tuesday 3rd May 2022 in the Jubilee Room of the Village Hall.
Present: Cllr A Pache (Chairman), Mrs S Keetley, Miss C Keetley, D Lowles, K Plowman, C Seal and Mrs C Pelcot
Clerk: Mrs L Richardson
Also Present: 1 member of public
22/05/01 To elect a Chairman of the Parish Council and sign the declaration of acceptance
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Mrs Keetley and agreed by all to elect Cllr Pache as Chairman to the Parish Council.
22/05/02 To elect a Vice Chairman of the Parish Council and sign the declaration of acceptance
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to elect Cllr Seal as vice chairman to the Parish Council.
22/05/03 Chairman’s remarks
Thanks were given for re electing Cllr Pache to the seat of Chairman.
Exciting year ahead with several projects – new play area at Cyden Homes, potential new open space in the village, potential of the village hall being upgraded.
22/05/04 To receive apologies and reasons for absence
22/05/05 Disclosure of pecuniary interests
22/05/06 Notes of the meeting held on 4th April 2022 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Mrs. Keetley, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to approve the notes of the last meeting and sign them as a true record of events.
22/05/07 To approve representatives to the following working groups: -
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to agree the following representatives:-
- Human Resources – Cllrs Seal and Lowles
- Dunholme District Indoor Bowls Club – Mrs. S Keetley
- Village Hall – Cllrs Pache, Lowles, Mrs. Pelcot, Plowman and Seal
- Old School Hall – No representative
- Village Maintenance – Deferred to a future meeting
- Christmas event working group – Mrs. Keetley and Miss Keetley
- Neighbourhood Plan review group – Cllrs Pache, Mrs. Pelcot and Mrs. Keetley
- Play areas – Cllrs Mrs. Pelcot and K Plowman
- Planning – Cllrs Mrs. Pelcot, Mrs. Keetley, Lowles
22/05/08 Correspondence (for information only): -
All correspondence included on the agenda
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the review of the Parish Council policies and procedures
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Mrs. Pelcot and agreed by all that the Clerk and Cllrs Pache and Seal will review the Council policies and Procedures.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding Councillor training
Councillors were made aware of LALC training events
- To receive and decide upon quote for the annual Parish Council insurance
Proposed Cllr Mrs. Keetley, seconded Cllr Lowe and agreed by all to accept a quote from Hiscox Ltd for £2661.33 for the Councils annual insurance cover.
22/05/10 Accounts and Finance
- To receive the current financial position
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Plowman and agreed by all to accept the current financial statement.
- To receive an update on the Parish Council banking switch
Paperwork has been completed and submitted.
- To approve the payment of accounts
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Pelcot and agreed by all to make the following payments:-
Supplier Details Gross VAT Net
The Happy Window Co. DDIBC Window Maintenance 672.00 112.00 560.00
Mrs L Richardson Clerks salary and expenses 528.43 0.00 528.43
Mrs B Edwards Litter picker salary 247.00 0.00 247.00
Severn C Products Ltd Pre schooler gifts and pins 499.80 83.30 416.50
Printed4u School Jubilee Bags 384.00 64.00 320.00
Mrs L Richardson Reimbursement for school gifts 365.00 60.83 304.17
Home and Garden Impr. Play area painting 578.85 0.00 578.85
HSBC Bank Fees 26.00 0.00 26.00
Hiscox Limited Annual Insurance 2661.33 0.00 2661.33
- Seal Microsoft Fees 59.88 0.00 59.88
22/05/11 Parish Council Buildings and Asset
- To receive an update regarding the purchase of a Village News / What’s Going On noticeboard for the village
£200 has been donated by District Councillor Grimble, the remaining amount of the sign will be covered by the Parish Council.
The board has been ordered and awaiting delivery.
- b) To receive an update regarding the speed awareness scheme and solar panelled speed sign purchase/installation
The Council are awaiting delivery of the speed signs.
- c) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the purchase a flag pole for the village
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Lowles and agreed by all to purchase a flap pole for the centre of the village (near the church) at a cost of £237.50.
A budget of £50 was set to purchase flags.
A local resident has offered to purchase the pole and the flag on behalf of the Council.
- To receive an update on the Queens Jubilee event and gifts for School children
The agreed Jubilee gifts for pre school children and school children have been ordered.
A date has been set for Cllrs Pache and Seal to attend both settings to distribute the gifts.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Neighbourhood Plan Review
No further update to minute.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the play area land donation on the Cyden Homes development
Cllrs Mrs Pelcot and Plowman will measure the site.
Ideas to be investigated include low level equipment, outdoor gym equipment and a foot bridge from the play area to the village hall area.
- To receive an update regarding an Emergency Plan / Contacts Pack
No update to minute
22/05/13 Village Maintenance
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding village maintenance needed around the village
Resurfacing of Lincoln Road – contact Sue Rawlins for her support
Hedge on Lincoln Road / Ryland Road – contact Sue Rawlins for her support
Self-seeded ash tree in Oak Wood and Cherry tree overgrowing a resident garage – Resident has asked if he can cut these trees down and replace them with 4 new silver birch trees – this was agreed by all.
Merleswen – Dog pooh bin around back of Merleswen
- To receive and decide upon quotes to the grass edging at Kennington Close play area
Proposed Cllr Mrs Pelcot, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to accept a quote for £150 from Home and Garden Improvements to edge around the play equipment on Kennington Close play area.
22/05/14 To agree the date of the next meeting
Monday 13th June 2022
Signed (Chairman) ……………………… 13th June 2022