A meeting of Dunholme Parish Council took place on Monday 4th April 2022 in the Jubilee Room of the Village Hall
Present: Cllrs A Pache (Chair), Mrs S Keetley, Mrs C Pelcot, N Rodger and C Seal
Clerk: Mrs L Richardson
22/04/01 Chairman’s remarks
Chairman welcome everyone to the meeting.
22/04/02 To receive apologies and reasons for absence
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Mrs Pelcot and agreed by all to accept apologies and reasons for absence from Cllrs Plowman, Lowe and Miss Keetley.
22/04/03 Disclosure of pecuniary interests
22/04/04 Notes of the meeting held on 7th February 2022 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Mrs Pelcot, seconded Cllr Rodgers and agreed by all to approve and sign the notes of the meeting as an accurate record of events.
22/04/05 Notes of the meeting held on 7th March 2022 to be approved and signed as minutes
Proposed Cllr Mrs Seal, seconded Cllr Rodgers and agreed by all to approve and sign the notes of the meeting as an accurate record of events.
All correspondence covered in the agenda
22/04/07 Accounts and Finance
- To receive the current financial position
This has been deferred to a future meeting to include precept payments etc received – awaiting bank statement from bank.
- To receive an update on the Parish Council banking switch
The application form is being processed – a request for further information has been received and replied to by the Clerk.
- To note receival of 2021-22 Annual Audit paperwork
The annual audit paperwork has been received with a submission date of 4th July 2022
- To approve the payment of accounts
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Mrs Keetley and agreed by all to approve the following payments: -
Supplier Details Gross VAT Net
Mrs L Richardson Clerks salary and expenses 611.87 0.00 611.87
Mrs L Richardson Back Pay 2021-22 155.48 0.00 155.48
Mrs B Edwards Litter picker salary 231.66 0.00 231.66
LALC Annual Membership Fees 444.05 0.00 444.05
ICO Data Protection Fee 35.00 0.00 35.00
LAB Planning Services Ltd NP Review Consultant Fees 3200.00 0.00 3200.00
- Rodgers Village Maintenance 60.12 10.02 50.10
HMRC 2021-22 PAYE Tax and NI 188.59 0.00 188.59
Cllr A Pache Stationery 41.62 6.94 34.68
Cllr C Seal TalkTalk 97.02 16.17 80.85
Cllr C Seal Microsoft 52.32 13.16 38.72
Unipart Dorman Speed Sign replacement batteries 319.87 53.31 266.56
22/04/08 Parish Council Buildings and Asset
- To receive an update regarding the purchase of a Village News / What’s Going On noticeboard for the village
The funding application has been submitted to the WLDC funding department and acknowledged – this is awaiting the final sign off by District Councillor Grimble, with any underpayment to be covered by the Parish Council.
It was agreed by all to make the purchase as the funding has been agreed, we are just awaiting payment of the grant.
- To receive an update regarding the speed awareness scheme and solar panelled speed sign purchase/installation
Proposed Cllr Mrs Keetley, seconded Cllr Mrs Pelcot and agreed by all to continue advertising for volunteers for the speed awareness scheme.
The solar panelled speed signs are due for delivery and the poles for these are due to be installed within the next month.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding a request to plant a memorial tree around the DDIBC site
A discussion took place regarding possible locations for a tree around the Indoor Bowls Club. Proposed Cllr Pache, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all it was decided that a memorial tree can be accommodated along the edge of William Farr woods.
22/04/09 Planning: -
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Neighbourhood Plan Review
The review is ongoing.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the play area land donation on the Cyden Homes development
The location of the play area site has been visited and a request was made to flatten the area as it was not suitable for a play area. This work is currently being undertaken.
- 144646 – Land adj. to Dunholme Close, Welton – Planning application to erect 6no. dwellings – discuss and submit any comments to WLDC
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Mrs Keetley and agreed by all to support the application and refer to the supporting evidence from the Neighbourhood Plan.
- 144554 – The Coach House, Holmes Lane – Planning application for two storey and single storey front extensions – discuss and submit any comments to WLDC
Proposed Cllr Rodgers, seconded Cllr Seal and agreed by all to submit no comments regarding this application.
22/04/10 Council Functions
- a) To receive an update regarding The Queens Green Canopy, including the arrangement of volunteer tree planting sessions and locations
- 94 trees have been planted by the Welton Brownies along the edge of William Farr Woods.
- Brownies, Guides and Rainbows have all taken a tree each to plant at home and watch grow.
- A number of trees will be planted along the bridleway of Market Rasen Road, leading to Holmes Lane.
- St Chads Primary School have requested some for their school grounds.
- Advertise Saturday 9th April at 10am – meet at the gates to plant trees.
- b) To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the Queens Platinum Jubilee celebrations, including the purchase of a commemorative item for children at St Chads Primary School
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Pache and agreed by all to purchase the following items: -
- Monkeys for the preschool (£81 net cost)
- Drawstring PE bags (£320 net cost) plus £2 of accessories to be included in the bag for school age children
- Buy 500 pins (£310 net cost) – 250 for the primary school children bags and 250 to sell at the jubilee event. The money raised from these pins will be earmarked for future village events
- Cllrs Seal and Pache to attend school to give out goodies – the Clerk will organise a date.
- c) To receive and update regarding an Emergency Plan / Contacts Pack
No update to minute
- To receive an update on the school vote for the name of the duck house on Manor Farm Pond
Following name suggestions and a vote at St Chads Primary School, the vote revealed the winning name as 3rd Ducky Wucky House, 2nd Duckholme St Quacks, 1st Duckingham Palace.
The name will be announced when the children go back to school.
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Rodgers and agreed by all that a rubber duck will be purchased for each child at the primary school in recognition of their efforts.
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding the communications of Dunholme Parish Council, both internally and externally
Cllr Seal gave the following update: -
- Dunholme Parish Councils official website now appears at the top of a Google search.
- A new number has been designated to Dunholme Parish Council which connects to a mobile phone.
- The website has been updated with the up-to-date agendas and minutes.
- The Clerks new laptop has been purchased and set up.
- The wi fi at the village hall has now been sorted and is back up and working.
- An email address will be set up for the village hall to correspond with the PC email addresses.
- Cllr Seal will create a QR code for the Parish Council website to put in the noticeboard etc
22/04/11 Village Maintenance
- To discuss and take any necessary action regarding village maintenance needed around the village.
- Tree outside of the church still needs replacing – the Clerk will chase Rudies Roots for a replacement.
- Hedge on Ryland Road/Lincoln Road – this hedge is very overgrown again; the Clerk was asked to report this to Highways.
22/04/12 To agree the date of the next meeting
Tuesday 3rd May 7pm
22/04/13 To agree to close the meeting to press and public to discuss sensitive information
Proposed Cllr Seal, seconded Cllr Rodgers and agreed by all to close the meeting to press and public.
22/04/14 To discuss and take any necessary action relating to 3rd party leases held with the Parish Council
No update to minute